Gap Year Programs
- Class Afloat – offers first-year university courses accredited through Acadia University.
- Thinking Beyond Borders – Ecuador Gap Semester
- Global Gap Year Program
- Year Course – gap year in Israel of the Young Judaea movement, a non-profit organization which has been working in North America for more than 100 years
- CIEE – Gap Year Abroad
- International Volunteer Programs and Gap Year Programs through Projects Abroad:
- CIAO! Center for Introduction to Architecture Overseas - a Gap year and summer program opportunity for architectural education.
- Aspire – Travel and Study Abroad Programs
- TeenLife – Guide to Gap Year Programs
- Global Citizen Year – gives high school graduates a gap year working in a devloping country
- Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is a small, international, volunteering organization based in the UK that has been operating since 1993. Over 5,500 volunteers aged 18 to 25 from 30+ countries have joined our full-immersion, group-based projects in developing countries and contributed more than 1,200 man-years of service to the communities.
- Sojourns Abroad – each site is a vibrant center of visual and performing arts, aesthetically rich, and steeped in history and tradition; also a living lesson in political science in the evolving European Union.
- African Conservation Experience – participants gain extensive knowledge about wildlife and nature, as well as real life skills working in a team, shouldering responsibility and living with peers from a different cultural background.
- VISIONS Service Adventures – program in Cambodia introduces students to a range of areas of development: public health, rural development, education and environmental sustainability.
- Timbertop – Australia – A gap year opportunity to learn life skills and values working with young students.
- NOLS School – the only school that focuses on wilderness skills, leadership, and environmental ethics, is the leader in wilderness education.
- Dynamy Admissions – Internship Year – The gap year program for students who want to larn differently through hands on experiences.
- Where There Be Dragons – Dragons programs encourage deep immersion into strikingly different physical and cultural landscapes, combining the best in experiential education, travel, service learning, and physically and intellectually challenging experiences.
- Himalayan Gap Year – Explore Globally / Engage Locally
Spencer, Mark. "Class of 2014 College Counseling Handbook." Http://deerfield.edu. Deerfield Academy, 2013. Web. 2013