1. What inspired you to study teaching and become a pre-primary teacher?
I've always had a desire to work with young children. I believe teachers have a very significant, lifelong impact on all of their students. This impact involves not only the teaching of particular academic skills, but also, and just as importantly, the fostering of a student's self-esteem.
2. What do you enjoy most about working as a Pre-primary teacher at Graded?
There are always new experiences and challenges. I also love the fact that we get involved with so many different cultures and backgrounds. I've had students from Denmark, the United States, Italy, Portugal, Argentina, and South Korea, to name a few. And of course, Brazil.
3. You're originally from Rio de Janeiro but have lived in São Paulo for many years. What is something you've learned to admire about São Paulo?
I moved to São Paulo, because my husband is from the city. It is the place where I have had the opportunity to grow as a mother, a person, and a professional. I treasure it for that. Also, I like cooler places, and I love the variety of restaurants in São Paulo.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I was born in Rio, but I would never move back there. Where would I live? Definitely New York. Like São Paulo, New York is a huge city with many food options, museums, and a diverse population. It is also an extremely accessible city where you don't need to have a car. I can walk or take public transportation to any place at any time. New York has an amazing energy. There's no other place like it.
5. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
I really liked Bewitched and Charlie's Angels because they both had strong female characters.
6. What advice can you give about how to relieve stress?
Find a hobby, eat your favorite dessert, dance, and always think positively.
7. You love arts and crafts and particularly working with paper. What kinds of things do you make?
I love scrapbooking and doing new art projects with my students. I used to create scrapbooks with my daughters and it was such a fun way to keep track of our memories.
8. What character trait are you currently trying to change or improve?
I want to become more athletic. I'd like to try yoga.
9. What's your favorite junk food, even though you know it's not good for you?
French fries and brigadeiro de colher!
10. What's your favorite thing about Graded?
It's definitely my second home. My daughters both graduated from Graded. It's a place that makes me grow professionally and as a person every day.