PTA Board Position Descriptions
1. Liaison between the school principals, community, and the PTA Board;
2. Meet bi-monthly with administrators to discuss and identify needs or concerns that arise within your division;
3. Work with the community and administrators to generate ideas, organize, and advertise Parent Coffees/Socials/Workshops;
4. Ensure communication of school events to parents, students, faculty, and staff.
The Logistics Chair is responsible for keeping track and all PTA related materials and supplies.
1. Keep an inventory of PTA supplies;
2. Ensure clean up, control, and proper storage of materials of both PTA room and Storage during the year;
3. Liaise with Events Chair for clean-up, return, and storage of all used materials.
The Teacher Appreciation Chair is responsible for planning, organizing, and running all the activities of Graded's Teacher Appreciation Week. This teacher-centered event is to celebrate and thank our hard-working teachers.
The Staff Appreciation Chair is responsible for planning, organizing, and running all the activities related to Staff Appreciation Party. Through this event, we show gratitude and recognize the efforts of our school workers, including kitchen, maintenance, security, gardeners, cleaning, and bus drivers.
COTW is an event that celebrates the diversity within the Graded Community including a variety of food and cultural showcases from around the world. The COTW Chairs are responsible for organizing raffle baskets, silent auctions, coordinating the participation of different countries, live entertainment, and an opening parade.
Festa Junina is a traditional Brazilian harvest feast that happens in May/June. This is a Lower School centered event that includes the organization of typical games, food, entertainment, and traditional square-dancing.