Lending Guidelines for the Lower School Library
- The number of materials students may borrow varies by grade level and time of the academic school year.
- Students in grades 1-5 may checkout materials for two weeks and Pre-primary for one week.
- Materials may be renewed, on or before the due date, unless another patron has placed a hold on the resource.
- Students with overdue material may not borrow additional material.
- Overdue notices are sent weekly. Notices are sent electronically by email to parent(s).
- All patrons will be responsible for the replacement cost of lost or damaged material.
- At the end of semester one, library material that is more than two months overdue will be marked as lost. The replacement cost will be included in the next tuition mailing if not resolved beforehand.
- At the end of the academic school year, students must clear their library accounts. All students and parents will be notified by email, letter, and/or phone call of outstanding accounts.
- If a ‘lost’ item was paid for and is subsequently found and returned to the library in good condition during the same academic school year, the patron will be refunded.